BRACE YOURSELVES. It’s about to GET WEIRD.
Originated in Portland, Oregon, Salt & Straw continued to make its way down the coast, and us Californians sure are lucky to share in the ice cream experience of being their first location outside of Portland. #luckyus Some people say that Portland might be weird, BUT it is is highly known to be the mecca for foodies, and this scoop shop just gave LA that extra dose of the decadent food scene.
Let’s get one thing straight. This place is not just about “the hype.” It’s the real deal (in our opinions at least). Hypes die out, but this place continues to blow our minds, and taste buds like you wouldn’t believe.
Why is Salt & Straw so awesome??
Well, that’s easy. #keepingitsweetandsimple #keepingitweird
- Their ice cream flavors may sound like the weirdest combinations of ingredients you’ll ever read on the display board or hear about, but they complement each other so well! #keepportlandweird
- The lines don’t lie. There is probably a 90% chance that the line of people will be out the door.
- Sample as many flavors as you want. Yeah, so there is a long line of hangry and eager people behind you, but the workers are so sweet, and they encourage you to sample as much as you want.
- Seasonal and classic flavors are offered. Seasonal flavors mean the menu constantly changes #welovevariety and Classic flavors mean that there are awesome flavors that the ice cream lovers simply enjoy, so they’re not going anywhere. #theyreheretostayforever #atleastwehopeso
There are a lot of flavors to choose from, but if you can’t decide on one specific scoop, then order the Tasting Flight, which comes with 4 different flavors!
Take a look at the flavors we ordered, with more details if you click each flavor!
- Happy Birthday Elvis
- Almond Brittle with Salted Ganache
- Sea Salt with Caramel Ribbons
- Avocado & Strawberry Sherbet
Salt and Straw Website: http://saltandstraw.com/
240 N. Larchmont Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA