Is ICE CREAM the NEW boba/yogurt?
Remember that time, when “Boba” drinks blew up in California? Remember that time, when Yogurt blew up in California? Remember this, ICE CREAM just blew up in California, Southern California to be exact. Currently, the top heavy hitters of ice cream variants are:
- 1. Afters Ice Cream ( Milky Bun – Donut Ice Cream Sandwiches)
- 2. Joe’s Italian Ice ( Italian Ice and Custard )
- 3. Frostbites & Frozen Delights Italian Ice ( Italian Ice, Custard, Crepes )
- 4. Confetti Italian Ice ( Italian Ice and Custard)
- 5. Frozen Bar ( Fronut – Donut Gelato Sandwiches, Gelato Popsicles )
- 6. Zero Degrees ( Zerito – Pandan Wrap Ice Cream Sandwich, Italian Ice, Custard )
ENTER –KUPS Italian Ice.
KUPS Italian Ice, JUST opened up last week across the street from Bolsa Grande High School. They had a SOFT served opening as it wasn’t fully announced to the world yet. We happened to be connected through a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend who posted their delicious Italian ice flavors up on Social Media outlets. Enticed by the photos, we took a trip to KUPS Italian Ice and actually had the chance to meet the owners, David and Yen.
Both David and Yen were busy on their feet talking to their customers and scooping Italian ice for children and adults. We got a chance to sit down with David for a minute while there was a short break in the line and he gave us some background about their business and flavors. David actually has his own personal sweet tooth and LOVES donuts like we do #CommonGround #SCORE !
Flavor combinations we tried:
- 1. Thai-Chata : Horchata Italian Ice with frozen vanilla custard, swimming in a bath of Thai Tea ( Thinh’s Favorite )
- 2. Chamoy: Strawberry Mango Italian Ice with frozen vanilla custard and Chamoy sauce with chili pepper seasoning on top ( think Mexican candy – Dung’s Favorite)
- 3. Strawberry Cheesecake: Strawberry Italian Ice with frozen vanilla cusatard and ACTUAL cheesecake bites on the bottom ( Christina’s Favorite )
We’re coming back here soon because there are so many flavor combinations we still need to try. Team DonutsCookiesAndCream just joined the #KUPSSQUAD !
Check out our Tastemade Video below to see us in action at KUPS Italian Ice in Westminster, CA.